Monday, September 7, 2009

The First Three Weeks and Expectations

I'm still walking most of the way for even a 3 mile run. I am having a tough time determining a good pace for jogging or running. It is really so frustrating to know I have lost so much endurance in my life. I ignored my dad who told me I needed to get more exercise. As long as I could do my normal day-to-day stuff, I thought I was doing OK. I now know that like most things, doing nothing means drifting backwards. Now I am swimming upstream to gain my physical fitness again. I am enjoying the running/walking each week. CASA 5K is in two weeks, and I know I am no where close to being able to run the whole thing. I'm going to continue on, though. I read in a Runner's World book, running is a mental sport. The body will follow what the mind tells it to do. I continue to believe this. I should not be so hard on myself. You should not be hard on yourself either. Continue to run even if you have to walk or jog at times. It will serve you well. My goal is to run til I'm 100. Good luck to you.

1 comment: